Review! TOGS (thumb over grip)

togs blue

So i first saw TOGS at this past seaotter, they were kind enough to send me home with a pair to try out. i was rather impressed with the simplicity of the product. I tend to ride my road bike more than my mtb, with my road bike i have may different options with grip position. I ride on the hoods about 80% of the time the other 20% is split between the drops and the flat bars. Mtb really only has one riding position for your hand weather your climbing descending or riding on the flats your hands are in the same position, until now….

Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 10.17.26 AM

(Cue triumphant music) TOGS are a really cool simple product that gives you another riding position for climbing and riding on the flats. Its a great way to rest and not have a death grip when your climbing and flat riding and still have complete access to break levers and shifters. Installation is pretty easy i had new grips installed by ESI and while they were doing that i had them slide on the TOGS, i had to move the dropper post button over  less than 1/4″ but other than that it was easy.

togs grip

Togs are designed to act similarly like a hood on a road bike, its great to have another position to have your hand especially while climbing which i need all the help i can. gone is the death grip while climbing i can now relax and focus on spinning the cranks rather than holding the grips. These are light and come in various colors to match your ride. While riding these the past few months all i could think of to improve them is to make them hinged so you don’t have to take the grip off, and when i checked the web site….

togs hingedScreen Shot 2015-10-10 at 10.17.39 AM

BOOM!!!!!! hinged carbon version, that are super easy to install and there made of carbon so there faster too! Togs are a great product they are out of salt lake city and  made in the USA (merica’), at only 18 grams for both the hinged and ring style they are ridiculously light, do your self a favor and check out a pair of togs fire is 25$ for the ring version and $35 for the hinged carbon version. Order them here and support an american made product, if you don’t the terrorists win……

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Review! TOGS (thumb over grip)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s